Thursday, February 22, 2007

Hey Ya'll,

I know I know. I've been really bad. Just forgive me already and welcome me back into your wide world of blogging. Ok now that's settled. Here's the update.

Aaron is doing well. He is working hard at the athletic training thing. He works for Orthopedics North East which is one of the largest orthopedic companies is Indiana. They contract him out to Indiana Tech and he works with all their sports teams there. They pay for his grad school (thank you Jesus)!! He is working towards his MBA in business while using his undergrad in athletic training. It really is a huge blessing for us. He loves school and is doing fantastic (as usual).

My update is a little more complicated. Let me just tell you about the new j-o-b. So my last post told you that I had gotten the new job at Mutton Party Rental and Event Planning. When I interviewed for the position, I was totally unaware of what it would actually include. Besides doing sales and full event planning I have been given some other responsibilities. Are you ready for this.......................I am also the accountant. Ummm....yeah...for all of you who know me or have even met me for like 5 minutes, you know that the word accountant and Janet should never be uttered in the same sentence. I still think it's hilarious.

Here is a little explanation. The company is a family owned business that has basically been in existence for the past 20+ years. Only in the last 5 has it developed into a full event planning business. We also do a lot of rentals and tent weddings. The husband and wife that own the company are rich and middle aged. Bottom line is that they don't want to work anymore. I have basically been hired to take over the wife's duties. Along with office management, she also does the books.......ughh. Mind you, she has been doing the books for like 20 years. Good glory.

Needless to say, I'm totally overwhelmed. I mean accounting......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
I laugh daily. It's shocking. All of my math professors/teachers would die if they knew. I was always a good student, but I would literally cry over my math homework.

God has a sense of humor that's for sure. I do love my job, and it is really challenging me. I am also taking a management/leadership class at IPFW which has been really great.

Other than that, we are just hanging out in the Fort. We love each other so much and are so happy God has given us the opportunity to share a life together.

How is everybody out there???????????

7 comments:

The Bontragers said...

Great to hear your update Janet! Sounds like everything is going well - and even though your math teachers might be shocked, I think Dr. Turcott and your Comm professors would be very pleased with the event planning part! :)

Dan & Angie said...

Well BLOW ME DOWN! Welcome back Janet!

Angie and I are doing well - we even have a little "bun in the oven" right now. We'll see how it goes ...

In case you haven't visited our blog in a while - it moved to www.dangieland.com

Jason Grate- Ordinary Extraordinary- Simple Stories of Lessons learned said...

Holy crap... While you were writing this Amanda were just saying we thought you'd abandoned blogging altogether. She's actually upstairs sleeping in my bed as we speak. That sounded weird! She's been here this weekend as you well know! Having a blast and SO GLAD to see you've not given up on us ol' bloggers!!! Love ya girl!

Amy said...

YAY for an update!

you as an accountant...made me laugh out loud :)

Unknown said...

Girl. You did it. You posted. This mama hen is so very proud. So glad to hear that Aaron is enjoying his job and school--so important. And as far as the acct goes--you can do it!! I believe in you. You are resourceful. You will find a way to master it. You may even come to like it!! I love you dearly.

mandamich said...

well IT..IS..ABOUT..TIME!!! I love reading about all the news in your life even if I usually know what's what already. USUALLY! So glad all is well in Janetland and I'll see/talk to you or.. my voicemail will talk to your voice mail soon! Love you! Amanda

kristenlea47 said...

Thank the LORD for Calculators, right? Yeah.. Its hard to imagine you as an accountant. At least its not a requirement to be boring as an accountant.

Glad to see an update though, I was beginning to think you have up on the whole blogging idea.