Thursday, April 19, 2007

Today was a fun fun day. I spent my entire day at the first major event that I have planned start to finish. It was an ice cream social for old people. Now doesn't that sound fun? What makes this fun to me you ask? Well let me just start with two very important reasons why today was fun. I like old people and I like ice cream. There you have it.

About two months ago I had this vision for an old fashioned ice cream social. Let me paint you a picture. Giant tricycles, hula hoops, huge potted gerbra daisies, may poles, white linens, umbrella tables, balloons, rubber balls and paddles, green grass, ice cream piled high with colored sprinkles, fudge, and red cherries. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!! Spring fever hit me like a ton of bricks. It was fun. I ran around all day trying to bring to life what was in my head. It worked and the day went off without a hitch. Well.....let's just say without any major hitches. I ate ice cream until I was "brain freezed" and blue in the face. Perfect.

The best part of my job is working really hard behind the scenes on something and then having that work pay off in such a beautiful way. People smile and make memories. What is better than that?

I'm excited for wedding season.

3 comments:

mandamich said...

Maaann! And I thought you were going to say today was fun because ..you saw ME! Not even a mention of our walk and talk? That's ok, I know I'm not the most important thing you did that day, lol, but I'm glad you found the time to gab a minute! WHEN again?
Congrats on your BIG EVENT!

Lee and Becca said...

Janet! I'm surprised we've never bumped into you in the Wayner...glad to hear all is going well and at least read about your glorious ice cream social :)
-Becca & Lee-

kristenlea47 said...

You're fabulous and I love you.