Friday, November 17, 2006


So it's been decades since my last post. Ok not really. For all of you bloggers out there who post on a daily or weekly basis, let me point out a few things:

Point #1 Blogging is much easier when a person has 20 kids to post pictures of.
Point #2 Blogging is much easier when you have 30 Christmas trees, Dan and Angie.
Point #3 Blogging is much easier when a person actually takes pictures.
Point #4 Blogging is much easier when your computer isn't monopolized by fantasy football.
Point #5 Blogging is much easier when your are obsessed with blogging.

It's hard for me to wrap my brain around the fact that all of you would be interested in the monotony of my daily happenings, but I guess that is what friends are for. Actually, factually, there has been a huge answer to prayer for Aaron and I this past week.

I GOT A BIG GIRL JOB!!!!!! Did ya'll get that? I GOT A BIG GIRL JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The last two years have been a really crazy roller coaster. I have been working at the restaurant for way too long, but what do you do? The money is good and so I kinda got used to having the bills paid. When I work for 12 hours the last thing I want to do is come home and put resumes out, but my hubby has been really good about motivating me lately. So....I applied for a position at a place here in town that does event planning and party sales. Long story short.....I got the J-O-B. It is a huge answer to prayer. I will be doing both sales and event planning which is perfect for me. It is just what I have been looking for. It probably won't be as glamourous as J-Lo in The Wedding Planner, but it is the same kind of idea. Its like planning parties for people and not having to pay for it. Ummm.....way fun. I start the Monday after Thanksgiving.

God is constantly reminding me of His faithfulness and perfect timing. I give Him so much praise for providing me with a great place to work and use my talents and skills. There will be no more frustration, bad tips, tired feet, stained clothes, 12 hour days, beverage refills, or crabby diners. THANK YOU GOD. I'll let ya'll know how it goes.




22 comments:

The Chinlund Family said...

Congrats J!!! That's awesome news! I can't wait to hear how it all goes!

Dan & Angie said...

First of all, we love that we made it onto your blog (and we'll be posting pictures of the REST of our trees very soon).

Secondly, congrats on the new job! Sounds pretty cool - we love the Wedding Planner ... "the F.O.B. is M.I.A."

Amy said...

yay Janet! congrats!!! sounds perfect for you.

mandamich said...

OKAYYY! I fit MOST of the categories of your sarcasssssTIC comments and I still will continue to just stalk AND gripe when my fix isn't "fixed." SO! You KNOW you have to LOOOOVE MEEEEE and you'll either need to keep up the ol' Blog or more Logans Runs and Dollar Movies in the NEAR future! Congrats again on the new Big Girl J-O-B! That'll do while you are preparing your audition for American Idol, I guess! Anyone out there want to sign a petition to convince the RIDICULOUSLY talented, and beautiful JANET to try out??? Ok, great! Love love:) Amanda

Jason Grate- Ordinary Extraordinary- Simple Stories of Lessons learned said...

Oh I SOOOOO agree with Amanda... I'll sign the petition girly girl!!!

Aeron said...

oh my goodness janet!!! i was happy when i found your comment on my blog! :) yes, we definitely do need to hang out when i am back in northern indiana after graduation...it's funny that being away from chorale can make you miss it so much :) looking forward to a reunion!!! :)

Aeron said...

umm...didn't mean to post twice...thought the first time it lost it because i didn't log in right :) but now you can feel twice as loved :)

Unknown said...

Yeah for my Janet!! I am so very happy for you!! What a praise. I miss you dearly!!

Todd and Micah said...

Our little Janet is all grown up. Congrats!

kristenlea47 said...

Yay for Big Girl Jobs! I wish I needed someone to plan a party for me now!

Unknown said...

email me your address because I have some pics of your bridal shower to send you...mimi.schultz@apollogrp.edu...or just leave it on our blog. love you...

Aaron and Janet said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
mandamich said...

I WANT TO SEE THE PICS TOO! Blog them or Mimi....MY e mail is mandatude@yahoo.com! If you are so inclined..PLEEEASE!!! Thanks much! Amanda

Keetha Broyles said...

OK little miss Janet Sue - - - - I only have 4 children, two grandchildren, two cats and one wannabe dog. (see my blog) Nobody here ties up my computer with fantasy football - - - - but Kyle and Greg tie it up doing something with music and i-pods (boring) - - - - but the REST of your blogging jabs, to those I guess I must plead guilty!!!

But, ain't it F - U - N!!???!!!

Congrats on the J-O-B.

Keetha Broyles said...

Ooops - - - - forgot one more thing - - - I don't have ANY Christmas trees, and won't for several weeks yet - - - and then it will just be one 9 footer - - but WATCH OUT, once I put it up, I KEEP it up until midJanuary, or February, or March - - - - or whenever I get good and ready to take it down. :-)

mandamich said...

Want NEW job info!!! First week??!!! How is the Big Girl Job going? Amanda

Dan & Angie said...

Janet - surely SOMETHING blog-worthy has happened by now! :-) Hope all is well!

Amy said...

so tell us how the new job is going, girl!

The Chinlund Family said...

Hey honey! Can you please send me your new address? I don't have it and I want to send you a Christmas card :) Thanks baby!!

Lee and Becca said...

Janet- It's Becca Wagner, well Snider now....you have to get in touch with me. I found you randomly on here and just started laughing. It's been too long. Get in touch... :)

mandamich said...

OK! SERIOUSLY!!! I KNOW you don't have kids yet or alot of Christmas trees, but THIS is RIDICULOUS! POST something NEW!!!!! If you are even checking these comments woman, then hear my cry and post a new blog! YOu know you want to! Love Amanda

Amy said...

the puppy died, Janet. you didn't feed it.