Thursday, October 26, 2006



Wow....so its been awhile since I posted anything. Let me try to give ya'll the update on A & J and our families.

About two weeks ago my sister Marla went to the doctor. Mar has had a really bad year with health problems, mono and migraine headaches being two of them. She has been in and out of the doctor's office and they took her for some tests and realized that she needed to have her gall bladder removed immediately! Her surgery went well and she is feeling much better, thank GOD. Kinda scary.

Hmm..what else?

My precious hubby resigned from his management position at the airport where he has worked the past two years. After much consideration, we decided that he needed a change. In just two weeks, God has provided him with another job where he will be working at a fitness center doing personal training and sales. He is doing this, AND working towards his masters, AND finding the time to referee indoor soccer. Amazing.

I am still working at Biaggi's Italiano, a fine dining eatery here in the Fort. If you haven't been there and you live semi-close, ya gotta go. Best restaurant in Fort Wayne, I think, with its eclectic food and Italian ambiance. I spend most of my time there, and while it isn't something I plan on doing for much longer, I am learning to find positives in each day. Though there are days of long hours and countless frustrations, I remind myself that it is only a season and I have a ministry to each and every person that sits at my table. Oh the stories I could tell...but I'll save that for a rainy day. I am also entertaining the idea of grad school next semester. I think it would be fun to get my masters in theatre, but it's not too practical. I may just go with communications or business, but that sounds stuffy to me.

The long of the short of it is that we are happy as little larks. That's what my mom always says. She asks how I'm doing and when I say "Really great, Mom," she comments that we look happy as little larks. That just about sums it up. We are thankful for our lives together, and although circumstances aren't always perfect, we are finding joy. Who needs perfection anyways? Struggle brings beauty.

11 comments:

Dan & Angie said...

OH MY GOSH - JANET! Angie and I got SO excited when we saw your comment on our blog! It has been forever since we've seen/talked to you, but it sounds like life is treating you really well. Congratulations are in order too - we didn't know that you were getting married ... awesome.

Welcome to the black hole of blogging ... it's fun to have you along for the ride!

Nate said...

Yay, an update! We've only checked like every five minutes for the last two weeks for a new post. :) Glad you two are doing well!!!

Jason Grate- Ordinary Extraordinary- Simple Stories of Lessons learned said...

Janet Janet bo banet banana fana..... Thought I'd sing ya a little ditty 'cuz I'm so glad you updated. I'm seriously struggling to update mine, too. Glad to hear you're both doing so well... as well as Marla. Jeesh! Love ya girl.

mandamich said...

YEAHHH!!! A new post! It's pretty silly since I can just talk to you in PERSON when ever I want , but this is fun!:) We are back from our little spiritual journey or time of solitude or week of T.A. W. G. , if you will( Haa haa hee hee haaaaaa hmm) and will be back with bells on( which Ill be getting for around my neck if I don't stop eating..MOOOO!) and I digress! YIPEE on the new job for Aaron! I'll see ya'll tomorrow at the old Spring! Love amanda

mandamich said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amy said...

I was just thinking you hadn't posted in a while...I pulled up your blog to get after you about not feeding the puppy :) and to my delight, an update! love it. beautiful to see the joy in you!

kristenlea47 said...

Oh my gosh, I cannot explain how excited I was to hear from you on my blog! I was just recently thinking about how I haven't heard from you in so long! After that England trip I don't think I really saw you! We had so much fun too! Anyway, I'm so glad to see how happy you are and that you're doing well. I heard that you got married (probably from someone else's blog) and had been meaning to see if Micah knew how to get in touch with you. I'm gonna link you up on my blog and I'll keep checking out how things are going! I was so great to hear from you!

P.S. I do remember that Alligator Purse song I used to sing. It was called "Miss Lucy" and it was a really difficult song!

Unknown said...

Thank you for your call babe. Crazy busy with the move this past weekend. It is official. We live in Valpo. Kindi different. But LOVE being so close to Fred and Dre. Dream come true to have best friends 2 seconds away. Ty and Rylee are in love. They are always kissing and hugging. It drives Adam crazy because Fred keeps egging Ty on. I miss you. Tell Aaron hi and give your family my love!!

mandamich said...

HEY!!! It's time for a NEW post!!! Love Amanda

Dan & Angie said...

I agree with Amanda - waiting with baited breath for the next post!

rebekah said...

wow, janet, good 'ole iwu/blog connections brought me to you :) it has been so long and it is good to see your face. its sounds like you are doing great. congratulations... and by the way, you look beautiful!

(i live back in tennessee, and i have been going crazy lately wanting to have a cup of coffee with dolly parton!)